Senator Fattman has been appointed to five Joint Standing Committees and one Special Senate Committee. Joint Standing Committees include membership from both the House and the Senate and are essential to the effective operation of the Commonwealth. Appointment to a committee allows members to develop and enhance their knowledge of certain matters under their jurisdiction. Committees monitor governmental operations, identify issues suitable for legislative review, and recommend courses of action. There are currently 27 Joint Standing Committees in the Massachusetts Legislature.
The five committees Senator Fattman will be a part of include:
- Joint Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Joint Committee on Elder Affairs
- Joint Committee on Election Laws
- Joint Committee on Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture
- Joint Committee on Revenue
Senator Fattman will additionally be a member of the Special Senate Committee on Cyber Security Readiness.